soul fest was kind of a snooze-fest - for both vendors and customers alike but the redeeming part (as always) was the food. 🌮🧀🍊
- some KhiEat successes that I was excited to try again were: @thenuggettown (tried their cajun chicken with mac n cheese - super excited for them to open their outlet already #nopressure), Hot Chocolate at @bingsupk is not the usual milky affair and not too thick either so its drinkable - pretty good, Smoked Chicken Pizza at Pizza Loca was decent but really filling - a smaller option would be great for festivals, grilled chicken wings from Portside tasted good with the chilli cheese sauce and the smoked brisket slider at @solfoodpk - i just had to.
- new discoveries:
* @birriataco - the pulled beef tacos were my favourite find. they were cheesy, the shell was neither too crunchy that it would fall apart nor too soft that it would feel like a chapati - the pulled beef stuffing was well cooked and seasoned.
- @msabakeaway had some amazing offerings: the cheetos corn dog was a popular choice but i really liked the peanut chicken. everyone at the stall was really welcoming and polite and definitely the kind of business you’d want to see supported in festivals.
- what was really annoying: the continuous sound checks which were really loud and basically made even talking to anyone difficult, there were potholes in the ground, finding your way in and out of the location is kind of a hassle because the boat basin road is busy to begin with.
- would only recommend you go only if you missed karachi eat (and wanted to go). 😅