Karachi Eat - Day 1 💃🏼
a quick summary of everything i tried today! ✌🏻
- Singaporean Rice by @saniyaskitchen. Before you judge me, let me explain. No other stall was open by even 4:30 so this ended up being our first pick. 🙈 Not bad though, but nothing extraordinary either. We just opted for it because i have already tried the khousuey numerous times.
- Khao-samosa Shots by @burmesebowlskhi - Okay this was interesting and definitely qualifies as ‘festival food’. It was bite sized and promised a burst of flavour in a “shot”. The samosa itself was very tangy and spicy and when gulped with the coconut curry sauce, i think it was a good appetiser. A shot was Rs 70.
- Haryali Prawns by @portsidefood. My friends said these were grilled to perfection but wished they could have added more sauce. A serving was Rs 350.
- Chili Cheese Dogs and Shackster by @thecheesyboyspk turned out to be my favourite find from Day 1. The buns were so soft, the sauce-meat ratio perfect. Recommended.
- Sour Cream and Onion Patties from @hobnob.official. The taste is garlic-y and if you always get the Sour Cream & Onion flavour in chips then you will enjoy this for sure. Rs 120.
- Glazed Donuts from @odonutpk. I actually tried two flavours: Glazed and Nutella but thought the glazed ones were so much more fluffier and fresh.
- Alpha Nuggets with Poutine from @thenuggettown. This is also one of the busier stalls at KhiEat. Definitely a combination I enjoyed. You can also get their nuggets with mac n cheese just be prepared to wait a bit.
- Dirty Korean from @drty.dogs was a great try too. 🌭One can never have too many hot dog options but I like how people are thinking about using better ingredients than what is commercially available at the moment, esp with bread and sausages.
- Buttermilk Bao Bun from @pantrykhi. Pantry actually has a very interesting menu. I tried their Buttermilk Bao Bun, Grilled Cheese and Lamb Pockets. If you are a meat lover then opt for the Lamb Pockets first.
Sidenote: Going to a festival can be stressful and windy af so go with friends and layers. 🤷🏻♀️